A rich and decadent chocolate brownie with mocha flavor. Mixed together in one bowl, these chewy treats are so soft and satisfying!
I know what you’re thinking, but yes, you do need another brownie recipe in your life! Especially one that’s filled with chocolate and mocha flavor. Just one bite and you’ll realize why I sound so excited. These brownies are thick, and rich, and dense, and we’re adding a coffee flavor that’s out of this world.
If you haven’t already, head over and try my Mounds Bar Brownies. Much like those, these pack a super chocolately punch, however the simplicity of mixing them in just one bowl means that you can whip up a batch after dinner and have more than enough time to enjoy them as an evening snack.
Ingredients For Triple Chocolate Mocha Brownies
Chocolate: We use chocolate in three ways for these brownies. Inside the batter, both melted and cocoa powder, and whole chocolate chips.
Sugar: Because we use cocoa powder in this recipe, the sugar will help sweeten them up. Additionally, sugar will help create a soft center.
Butter: Flavor, mmmmm!
Eggs: Eggs add volume and create a soft and light texture.
Flour: More flour equals a more cake like brownie. We use an even amount of flour and cocoa powder that yields a chewy and fudgy brownie.
How To Make Homemade Brownies:
- Whisk the sugar and melted butter together in a large mixing bowl until creamy, about 30-45 seconds.
- Add the eggs and whisk together.
- With a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in both the cocoa powder and flour, just until combined.
- In a small bowl, stir the instant coffee granules in the warm water until dissolved. Add to the batter with the whole chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Pour into baking pan and spread evenly then bake.
I love the added chocolate from the chocolate chips, but feel free to add other ingredients
- Nuts – rough cut or chopped, walnuts, peanuts, pecans, or almonds are all a great option
- Marshmallows – dice up large marshmallows or use the minis
- Peanut butter – you can use the microwave to melt down peanut butter, then swirl it into the batter with a knife after spreading it in the baking pan.
- Caramel – caramel pieces or melted caramel swirled in like the peanut butter is a great add-in
These brownies will bake as fudgy yet dense, and packed with flavor. We use a 9-inch metal baking pan lined with parchment paper for easy clean up and ease removing the brownies from the pan. You can use an 8×8 pan if that’s what you have, however you’ll need to adjust the baking time to account for the slight difference in thickness.
Triple Chocolate Mocha Brownies
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar to the melted butter. Whisk together until combined and smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
- Add the eggs, then whisk 1 more minute, then whisk in the melted chocolate. Whisk until smooth, about another 30-45 seconds.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and flour using a spoon or a rubber spatula, just until combined.
- In a small bowl combine the instant coffee granules and water. Stir a few seconds until the granules are completely dissolved. Pour the coffee mixture into the brownie batter.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and stire again until everything is just combined.
- Turn out into your prepared baking pan and bake for 23-27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in the baking pan for 15-20 minutes before slicing.