These Swedish Meatballs are smothered and served with a delicious rich and creamy sauce with a secret ingredient. The meatballs are moist and so flavorful. This will definitely become one of your favorite dishes!
While school just ended and you’d think Summer would be here, that’s not quite the case. Here in Ohio in mid-June we’re still having some chilly days, mixed with lots of rain recently. I wanted to make something for dinner that didn’t requite much time and I had all these ingredients on hand.
What makes this even better is that my family absolutely loves this dish!💪
I have to tell you that I keep the Lipton Recipe Secrets soup & dip mix on hand at all times, and all flavors! You’d be surprised at just how many thing you can do with them! I use the Beefy Onion mix in the sauce for these Swedish Meatballs because it gives it an extra flavor kick that I love.
And because the sauce is what will really make this recipe stand out, it’s nice to have that extra flavor and a nice little secret ingredient!
Some Recipe Tips
- You can sub out Panko or even crushed crackers for the breadcrumbs if you like. They don’t have to be seasoned. I just like the extra bit of seasoning that breadcrumbs offer.
- If you’re watching calories, you can use reduced fat cream for the heavy cream. If you wish to use half & half just be careful this sauce doesn’t boil or it will cause it to separate.
- You’ll be surprised at how much flavor the Lipton Recipe Secrets soup & dip mix add to the sauce! While it’s not required, I love the added kick of flavor and I hope you will as well.
This dish is perfect for a chilly evening or when you strapped for time. While it’s ready in just 30-minutes, you can even mix up the groud beef mixture ahead of time you if you’d like. I have even made the mixture and stick it in the freezer!
If you love this recipe you may consider trying these:
- Garlic Olive Oil Pasta with Meatballs and Spinach
- Chicken Enchiladas with Avocado Cream Sauce
- Caprese Pasta Bake
- One Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup
Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 medium ohion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 packet Lipton Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion Soup & Dip Mix
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic cloves, parsley, salt, pepper, and egg. Mix until fully combined.
- Roll the bround beef mixture into 20-25 small meatballs. In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add the meatballs and cook until brown, turning consistently until cooked through. Remove from skillet and put on a plate covered with foil.
- Add butter to skillet with flour and whisk combining until it starts to turn brown. Slowly add beef broth, heavy cream, and Lipton Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion Soup & Dip mix. Simmer & whisk until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Once the sauce is thickened add your meatballs back to the skillet and let simmer another 1-2 minutes. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve with egg noodles.