Tender chunks of chicken breast in a delicious gravy, all made right inside your slow cooker. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes for a super easy weeknight meal.
We’ve reached mid-March here in Ohio and the weather is still quite chilly. We’re also in the middle of a Covid-19 crisis and I’ve decided to stay inside as much as possible. My slow cooker has been my best friend for the past week, and my husband is certainly not complaining because he loves a slow cooker meal as much as I do!
If you’re a fan of comfort food then you’ll love this Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy. Using mostly all parntry items and some chicken breasts you can create this amazing dish in not time!
What Ingredients Do You Need For Chicken and Gravy?
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken gravy mix packets
- Cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
Save on dirty dishes by mixing the gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth right in the bottom of your slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the chicken breast. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
When the chicken has cooked simply use 2 forks and shred the chicken inside the gravy in the slow cooker. I love this served over mashed potatoes, but it’s also great served over rice.
More Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love:
- Slow Cooker Cocktail Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Italian Style Slow Cooker Meatballs
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
- 2 packets chicken gravy mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, whick together cream of chicken soup, gravy mix, chicken broth, and salt pepper.
- Place the chicken creasts in the slow cooker on top of gravy mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When chicken is fully cooked shred it inside the slow cooker using 2 forks to pull pieces apart.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes