A delicious roasted fresh asparagus with the perfect amount of garlic and Parmesan cheese. Easy, simple, and is a great accompaniment to any meal!
Asparagus had got to be one of my favorite vegetables. It’s simply delicious, not to mention low carb, low calorie, and you have so many different options to prepare it. Even those who might not be a fan of asparagus in general may very well enjoy this recipe. It’s baked in the perfect amount of garlic and Parmesan cheese and the flavors together just pop!
If you’re a fan of:
- Asparagus ✓
- Garlic ✓
- Olive Oil ✓
- Parmesan Cheese ✓
then this is most definitely the side dish you need!
Ingredients for Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Asparagus
This recipe is so simple that you might already have most of the ingredients necessary
- Fresh Asparagus I look for medium thickness in the stalks. When buying asparagus try and find stalks that are all around the same thickness so that they’ll bake evenly
- Parmesan Cheese There’s no doubt about it, fresh is alwasy better! If you can find a decent priced piece of Parmesan cheese go for it. You won’t use much for this recipe, and you can freeze the rest for a later use.
- Garlic I love garlic, so I’ve used 4 cloves for this recipe. You can adjust the amount based on your personal preference.
- Olive Oil Just your everyday extra virgin olive oil will work fine for this
- Salt & Pepper Adds so much additional flavor!
Everything is mixed right on a baking sheet, so no extra dirty dishes – that’s a win! This is also ready in just about 10 minutes, so you can start preparing it when you remove your steaks or other meats from the grill. While they’re resting the asparagus can bake and everything is ready at the same time.
How to make Roasted Asparagus
Rinse your asparagus before starting to prepare it. You’ll then cut off the woody end pieces from the bottom. The pale ends will tend to be pretty tough. You’ll then lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil then season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss then lay again in a single layer and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
You can add some additional Parmesan cheese if you desire, or even a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice!
Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Asparagus
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then set aside.
- Rinse the asparagus then cut off the woody end pieces.
- Spread out in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then add salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss the asparagus to evenly coat then spread out to a single (or even) layer.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese after you remove the asparagus from the oven if desired.
- I love a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice on the asparagus before serving!