Chicken salad is one of my go to Summer recipes. It’s the pefect combination of ingredients when I want a light lunch or dinner. There are many ways to serve chicken salad, but I like to enjoy mine on top a bed of lettuce, or with a flaky croissant. There are also MANY combinations of ingredients for chicken salad, but we’ve created this Creamy Dill Chicken Salad with a hint of dill and a bit of lemon that works oh so well together!
This is a simple, yet delicious version of chicken salad. I’ve included chicken breast, celery, mayonnaise, a touch of plain greek yogurt, some fresh dill, and a bit of fresh lemon juice.
How Do You Cook Chicken for Chicken Salad?
You can use any type of chicken you like! Make your own rotisserie chicken, or grab one in the store. You can also use poached chicken, however I like to season my chicken breasts with some salt & pepper, then bake in just a bit of chicken broth to keep them from drying out. Leftovers are also great for this quick recipe!
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
You should be able to keep your chicken refrigerated approximately 3-5 days if your chicken is fresh the day you make it. Keep in mind that because the base is mayonnaise, you’ll want to refrigerate it right away and not leave it out.
Creamy Dill Chicken Salad from Heresyoursavings.com
- 2 cups chopped or diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Mix & stir together mayonnaise, plain greek yogurt, dill, dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, with a flaky croissant, or a wrap!