Sweet Hawaiian rolls stuffed with deli beef and cheddar cheese, then topped with a delicious tangy butter sauce. These melty BBQ Beef and Cheddar Sliders are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or game day party!
I absolutely love Hawaiian rolls! I’ve been know to make a batch of these Homemade Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and eat a couple of these in the evening instead of a sugary sweet treat. They’re incredibly easy to make, and so versatile!
These Beef and Cheddar Sliders are a super fun and an easy meal option or game day treat. They’re loaded with deli beef (I’ve used roast beef and London broil, and both work well), bbq sauce, and cheddar cheese, then topped with a quick homemade tangy butter sauce. Baked until hot, melty, and just a bit crispy, these are sure to be a hit with everyone!
Beef and Cheddar Sliders Ingredients
- Hawaiian dinner rolls
- deli roast beef or London broil
- bbq sauce
- cheddar cheese
- brown sugar
- dijon mustard
- garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- poppy seeds
How To Make Beef and Cheddar Sliders
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Slice 12 Hawaiian dinner rolls in half so that you have 12 tops and 12 bottoms. You can use store bought or make our Homemade Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Lay the bottoms in a 9×13 baker, or a baking sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.
Mix the deli beef and bbq sauce, then top the rolls with half of the beef mixture. Top the beef mixture with cheddar cheese, then the remaining beef mixture, and finally put the tops on the buns.
Next you’ll melt the butter then add brown sugar, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Whisk everything well until it’s all combined then pour evenly over each roll. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a bit crispy. This tangy butter sauce adds an amazing flavor to each slider, so don’t leave it out!
What Are Some Other Types of Sliders?
The ideas are virtually endless, but here are some great options you can try:
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – combine shredded chicken with buffalo sauce, mozzarella cheese, and some ranch dressing or bleu cheese crumbles
- Parmesan Chicken Sliders – breaded chicken tenders with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce
- Turkey Bacon and Ranch Sliders – choose your favorite deli turkey with ranch dressing, bacon, and cheddar cheese
More Game Day Recipes You’ll Love:
Beef and Cheddar Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef or london broil
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup smoked bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Slice the dinner rolls in half so that you have 12 tops and 12 bottoms. Lay the bottoms of the rolls in a 9x13 baker.
- In a medium bowl mix the deli meat with bbq sauce. Place half of the meat mixture on the roll bottoms in the baker. Top the meat with the cheddar cheese slices, then the remaining meat mixture. Place the roll tops on each roll.
- In a mixing bowl, microwave the butter until melted. Whisk in brown sugar, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Whisk well to combine all ingredients. Pour the butter mixture over the sliders in the baker, making sure to coat each slider as this sauce is what will add an amazing flavor to each one.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until each roll is golden brown and a bit crispy on top.